mcd Studio Level 5, Building 4 RMIT City Campus Melbourne, Australia
School of Media & Communication
GPO Box 2476
Melbourne VIC 3001
short Bio :
Jeremy Yuille is an interaction designer, digital media artist and academic with a background in digital art, music, performance and architecture.
He has a Bachelor of Design Studies from the Architecture department of the University of Queensland and a Masters of Design from SIAL at RMIT University. The exegesis titled Collaboration in Sonic Design: frameworks for designing interactive sound environments is available in pdf
Jeremy is a co-founder of the Media and Communication Design Studio at RMIT, where he undertakes collaborative research with the Australasian CRC for Interaction Design (ACID), supervises postgraduate students, and holds interaction design studios. He is also a certified scrum-master, and a director of the Interaction Design Association.
Notable research projects include:
- Pool – experience strategy led redesign for ABC’s experimental user generated content portal
- Loupe – the role of data visualization in user experience of online services
- Protospace – rich annotation in user- generated content environments in the development of rich-media production
- scribblr – online rich annotation for professionals
- senseMix – creating & sharing creative mobile content
- Virtual Communities – socially enabled knowledge management for virtual teams
- HDM – its all about people
Jeremy irregularly performs and releases music and net.art under the guise of seo. His work has been shown as part of ::contagion:: – Australian New Media @ the Centenary of Federation at The Film Centre, Wellington, NZ. and Variable Resistance a survey of Australian Electronic music at SF MOMA.
Notable artistic collaborations include:
- Sound design for Thumpa, a short digital film screened at OneDotZero7, ResFest 2003, Melbourne International Animation Festival 2003
- Interactive sound design for lifesigns, an installation by Troy Innocent commissioned by the ACMI for the 2004 Australia Culture now exhibition, and exhibited at ARS Electronica 2004.
- Interaction design for Sounds Like Techno an international award winning online documentary for Film Victoria and the Australian Broadcast Corporation
- Programming on D3, a prototype for creating a stop-motion narrative for Toysatellite, exhibited at the Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI)